Monday, June 16, 2014

Homogenous or Heterogenous?

 
I had this post all written up and sounding brilliant earlier today.... in my thoughts. Then I fell asleep and poof it is gone like the wind, typical ADHD adventures. I have the gist of it in my head so we'll see what I can come up with and stay on topic.... butterfly.... ummm, yeah. ever onward.

Recently I came to the conclusion that one of the struggles I've had with maintaining a blog is trying to find a niche, advice I've seen given for successful blogging time and again. I had three public blogs going trying to keep each one in a particular topic. All I managed to accomplish was to create more stress for myself, worried that I had to keep regular posting in each of them so not posting at all! Talk about creating my own problems.

Perhaps one day I can settle myself down to one topic, perhaps not. I've grown a lot in the past year: finding where my spirtual path is and beginning to follow that; learning to accept some of my personality traits that I've tried to supress, or at least hide from others out of fear of rejection or ridicule. I'm reaching a point where, though the opinion of others is still more important to me (more than I like) I am able to step out and be more of myself openly. One big part of who I am is my eclectic interests. Trying to find a niche topic is not in me.

I'd like to invite you to join me on this journey, where my world is as ADHD as I am.... interests waxing and waning and changing sometimes daily. Some activities I jump in with both feet, researching, buying books and supplies only to find it really doesn't fit me. Then there are others that I revisit time and again in cycles over a few months or even years.

I'm throwing out the niche ideal with the bathwater. Out of the closet, I am officially, proudly and crazily eclectic!! Education, writing, photography, crafts, self-help, and parenting; whatever piques my interest at the time, that is where you'll find me! I'd love to hear if there are others like me, are your interests fairly steady or do you also follow the eclectic path?

Love & light,
~Shannon **  ƸӜƷ  **

No comments:

Post a Comment